Our house was built in 1951 by the chief executive officer of DUNLOP. He specially mandated an architect from Birmingham to establish an english cottage.
In 1973 Mr. and Mrs. Fichtner bought their "Dörnröschen"- house and started with the rebuilding to a small hotel. The opening with nine rooms was celebrated in 1975.
At that time the Von-Eiff-Straße was still called Jahn-Straße and at the openeing a hotel room including breakfast cost DM 40,-.
Problems at the beginning did not fail to appear! The post had "forgotton" to mention us in the telephone book! But we even solves this problem...
Until 2000 we command 23 rooms. Since 2005 we advanced the number of rooms up to 46 by several modifications to offer more comfort to our guests.